October 15, 2010

October Challenge by Malina


Design Team Member Malina submitted this  single 12x12 layout design for the October challenge.  She said, "I  JUST finished after my son's first day of school in 2009.  The paper purchased perhaps a year and a half ago in eager anticipation of that first day and those great photos were pushed into a project pack where it collected embellishments, cardstock paper, stickers, and photos and there it sat until 1 month AFTER his first day of pre-school for the second year. Maybe next year I will get around to scrapping this years first day of school.


Kathy thanks for the push to get something done LOL and I should also like to thank my local scrap store design team director Mary who helped bring this page together by allowing me to dig through her stash and then gifted me the stash I loved. LOVE that I can Scrap Someone Else's Stash too LOL.


P.S. If you haven't tried them yet, the title which was cut from another piece of paper was refaced with the new Glaze pens which provided some shine, texture, and a slight bit of height to the page. Easiest embossing I ever did :)

Now it's your turn to take the Challenge.  Just complete "THAT" Project for the October Challenge.  Email a picture of your project along with a description to scrappinpsycho@live.com.  Your submission will be posted here at Scrap Our Stash and you could be chosen to be on the December Guest Design Team.  See all the details below in October Challenge

Also, don't miss the Pagerize This Challenge - see all the details in the Pagerize This #3 post below. 

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. What a a darling page. I love the school pages you used on it. Your son is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute!! Love the bright colors to match his bright smile!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the primary colors and the school theme! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love these vibrant colors you used! So cheerful.
    Your son is such a darling :).
    Way to go for finishing this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page for a cute picture - glad you were able to finish it. Great use of school embelishments - love the primary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A year behind isn't too bad... Very cool title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malina this is so so cute! The pictures are adorable and the paper is perfect. Great job! Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  8. The school papers and embellies look awesome. As much as I love new stash, there is also a wonderful feeling when i use up older stuff and still make it fresh and new. I love the fresh bright look of your page and I know you feel good having completed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love my sakura glaze pens. the souffles are great too. i'm so glad you finally got around to scrapping this momentous event. love you used other people's stash too - it's so much better to share your stash with others. more variety!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colours! Thanks for the tip about the pen too; I've never used them before - it looks like gives a fantastic result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My apologies for a late response...Life you know...it happens. Thank you all for the feedback. I have been working on several other projects that I really needed to get done (with the motivation of Kathy lol) and I am proud to say...haven't purchased ONE single sheet of paper since October 1st...just using stash! (well I bought some paper for my daughter so she would stay out of my stash :)

    ReplyDelete