December 1, 2016

December Book Inspired Stash Challenge ~ Guest Designer Christel Overgaard

Hello, it's hard to believe it is December already!
Welcome to the reveal of our
December Book Inspired Stash Challenge
and the introduction of our talented
December Guest Designer

Here is this month's challenge:
Your challenge is ti....
Create a layout inspired by the BOOK COVER.. 
You are allowed to use anything from the cover that inspires you,
for instance, the colors, title, hat, mustache, masculine theme, etc.
AND...you must used striped paper AS WELL AS..enamel dots or sequins on your layout.

When posting your layout, you must include in your write up
what inspiration you pulled from the book cover, to be considered for the 
random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries are due: December 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

AND...here is the prize you are playing for this month:
Echo Park "Deck the Halls" 12 x 12 Collection Kit

We are excited to introduce you to our talented 
December Guest Designer
Christel Overgaard

Hey! My name is Christel Overgaard and live in southern Sweden near the sea. I am now retired and love it . About 12 years ago I was introduced to scrapbooking and it has developed to a great interest and a wonderful hobby. I have a big family and it's my big motivation when I do the layouts. I fill binders of all the children and grandchildren. I create mostly layouts, as well as cards, ​​when needed. I like photography, I am  featured in a photo club and it is a good combination with scrapbooking .

I like to interpret drawings and pictures and participate in the many challenges each month. I can not say I have any particular style, but like to challenge myself with new things. I get inspiration by looking around at all the talented scrapbookers and websites . I'm so glad to be the Guest Designer this month and hope that I can inspire others. 
Thanks!

Please visit my blog
http://titteovergaard.blogspot.se"

Check out the incredible layout Christel created inspired by this month's challenge:
"Peace"
Christel shared this with us about her layout:
"At first, I had a little difficulty trying to figure out what to do.   In Sweden, I have never seen the figure Grinch and what it means. Then I thought of our Santa Claus last Christmas, she came with a message of peace on earth and was wearing a large necklace with peace mark. I was inspired by the words of the opposite of stealing, the colors in the book cover and used a striped paper and enamel dots.

Thank for stopping by and I hope that you are inspired by this month's challenge and/or Christel's awesome layout.
The SOS team is looking forward to visiting your blogs and galleries to see what you create inspired by this month's book cover.

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!!

5 comments: