March 22, 2011
March Dust it off Challenge by Kathryn
Future Guest Design Team Member Kathryn submitted this layout for the March Dust it Off Challenge. She said:
Thanks for a lovely theme this month, I have dusted off and used and it feels great!
I have posted this on my blog just now: Scrap our Stash Challenge blog this month has a theme of 'Dust it Off' for March. I have done a layout of Emma, nearing a year old and crawling around pulling one of the special funny faces that she has. This challenge was great as it made me think about things I have bought ages ago and never used. I have dusted off my fabric collection and some appliqué work that I cut from one of Emma’s ruined t-shirts and made embellies with them.
· Bo Bunny dotty card stock in a lovely turquoise colour, distressed around the edges and highlighted with Adirondack Pool ink
· A variety of spotty and patterned fabric. I think the patterned ones are also K & Co papers, but I’m not sure what they are called. I ran them through the big shot using Tim’s tattered rose sizzix die and then sewed red buttons into the centers to pull them all together. I’ve then layered them around the page using pinflair glue.
· The branch is another piece of fabric, stuck onto an Aslan fabric tape sheet and then run through the big shot again using the branch with leaves bigz die.
· I have sprayed the paper doily with a mixture of Blue Mist and Cosmic Shimmer sprays.
· I finished it off with the cut out appliqué details from the old t-shirt.
Now it's your turn to take the March Challenge. See all the details HERE!
Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.