December 23, 2011

December Anything Goes challenge by Laurie

Reader Laurie submitted this layout for the December Anything Goes Challenge.  She said:

Hello!

Here is my take on the December Anything Goes Challenge.  I challenged myself to follow a sketch and use up stuff in my stash. I based this off of a layout by scrapbooker Seppa from Scrapbook.com. I had an 8x8 pad of Basic Grey paper in my stash and I never scrap 8x8 so the paper pad was just taking up space. But I knew that the smaller paper would be great for cutting out the squares, paper strips, and orange title tag on this layout.  Also, I used some orange misting spray that had been sitting around my desk without being used for months. I wish you could see it better in the picture, but it's there! I'm so glad I was able to use some unloved and forgotten supplies for this layout!

Happy holidays!
Laurie

Now it's your turn to take the December Anything Goes Challenge.  Just complete your ANYTHING GOES project and email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com


All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on December 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of February. This challenge ends at midnight central time on December 31st.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Like the design and like the papers you used here! And I'm a fan of Basic Grey...

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Laurie, isn't it a fantastic feeling to use up your stash! I love the Basic Grey papers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fab layout Laurie! Great use of your stash which what this blog is all about! So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to use up your stash and you chose a great sketch for using up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! I love the muted color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Love the squares and the spray. I can see it and it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your title - and the sketch worked great. And what a clever idea to use the 8 x 8 paper for the small pieces - I can't make myself cut into a 12 x 12 piece of paper! Great use of your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those smaller pads can be very versatile. Your page came out great. The title is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete