February 6, 2012

February LEAP Challenge by Jean




Guest Design Team Member Jean submitted this project for the February LEAP Challenge.  She said:

I’ve been promising myself I would document my Christian journey and Confirmation and finally had the inspiration to do it when Kathy over at SOS asked me to be Guest Designer for February. Our word this month (as it’s leap year) is to create something around the word LEAP. I had saved a little advertising booklet, (I save them all as they make the basis for great mini books.) This one was from a Garden Centre and was a perfect A4 folded size.


I measured, cut and covered a sheet of cardboard to wrap around the booklet, making sure I made it ¼ “ bigger all round. I used the Basic Grey Indian Summer papers as I love their rich colours and detailed patterns.


I used the die-cut stickers from the pack to arrange a small scene on white gloss paper (a cut off from printing a photo) I fussy cut around the edge of the scene then backed it with black paper and cut around that too. I cut a heart from some corrugated card and coloured it with Dylusions spray ink in worn leather.


I arranged the die-cut words LEAP and FAITH onto some black gloss card, cut them and stuck on the front page together with the other words. All the letters were from the diecut sticker sheet with the pack. I used a piece of handmade embroidered tissue to decorate the fold. A piece of wide ribbon was sandwiched between the front cover pages.


The inside pages of the book were then covered with a selection of papers which echoed the colours in the front paper.


I shall enjoy adding all my documents and shall be writing about my journey on some of the pages.


I hope you like it and gain some inspiration for your own project.


Regards Jean

Now it's your turn to take the February LEAP Challenge. The February Challenge is anything to do with LEAP - it could be a Leap you've taken in buying or using a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or your project could have somehing to do with your taking a leap. Anything goes! Take a leap and take the challenge. To participate in the February LEAP Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on February 29th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of April. This challenge ends at midnight central time February 29th.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. What a stunning project. I love the "Leap in to faith" title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your title! What a special project. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project! I remember those BG papers (probably have some), great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I'm on the lookout for another pack of this paper as I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad the challenge got you inspired to document your journey!

    ReplyDelete