July 1, 2013

Stash Challenge #5 ~ Red, White, and Blue!

I can't believe it is July already which means half of the year has passed!
This is an exciting month for Scrap Our Stash because starting tomorrow and each day until 
July 14th we will be introducing the members of our new design team and sharing their first 
SOS reveals, so you want to make sure you stop by each day to meet our new team members and to see how they were inspired by our July Stash Challenge!

Here is our first challenge for July:
STASH CHALLENGE #5 - 
RED, WHITE & BLUE

Create a LAYOUT (any theme) using your stash of RED WHITE and BLUE
papers and embellies. 
 Kraft is the ONLY other color you can use with these colors. 
and....
you MUST include (3) or more Pre-made STAR embellishments of your choice!
 (Brads, buttons, eyelets, cardstock stickers, chipboard, etc)

Here is the prize you are playing for this month:
Echo Park "For The Record 2 ~ Documented 12 x 12 Collection Kit
and....Layered Chipboard!!!
To be eligible for the prize drawing you must link up your project using Mr Linky
on the side bar by:
July 29, 2013 ~ 11:59 PM (PST)

Don't forget about the SOS Challenge GUIDELINES!!!! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So excited to introduce you to our
July
Guest Designer

Michelle Duffy
"Hi! I'm Michele Duffy and I’m very excited to guest design for Scrap Our Stash this month! Stamping, scrapping and card making give me a much needed crafty break from my job as a process engineer. Most of my scrapbook layouts are about my 3 year old daughter, and she's usually by my side getting crafty with me as I put my pages together. I tend to prefer a more clean and simple style when I craft, but I do like to layer up embellishments on my scrapbook layouts too. I'm currently a design team member for Sweet Stamp Shop. When I’m not stamping, I like to ski and read, and hang out with my husband and daughter. I’d love it if you would come visit my blog at:  It's About The Paper"

Take a look at Michelle's beautiful take on our Red, White & Blue challenge.  
The title could not be more perfect!  
"Cutie Pie"
Michele:  "I don't own any 'patriotic' paper collections, so the red, white and blue challenge was a little intimidating. But once I started looking through my stash I found lots of possibilities. The blue papers and the red & white canvas stars came from a Jillibean Soup warehouse box I bought last year. Since you get such a mix of collections when purchasing a warehouse box, it really takes a good color challenge like this one to get you to use the different elements. I chose to scrap these photos just because of my daughter's red and white outfit. I was not intending to be patriotic at all. But then I looked back at the photo date and it turns out I took these on the4th of July! Too funny. 
Enjoy the challenge, can't wait to see what you all create!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After seeing Michele's adorable layout, you should be inspired to pull out your red, white and blue stash, create a layout and share it with us!

Remember to stop by tomorrow for our first Designer Introduction!
Have a Scraptabulous Day!

12 comments:

  1. Great challenge for July!

    Michele, your layout is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to being part of this awesome team.

    Beautiful layout Michele and your little girl is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely layout and awesome challenge... I hope to have time to make this, I didn't play last month :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute layout! I know it's amazing what we find in our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge for the month of July....glad to be able to participate this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the challenge this month - I linked up my layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun challenge this month, as always. I love Michelle's take on the challenge, the photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm, don't know if my link worked? thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the fun challenge. You did a great job on this in which you felt you didn't have the right supplies for a July lay-out,..you would never know it! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this challenge! I'm so excited to have gotten a chance to scrap this moment in time! Thanks so much for giving me a great reason to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved playing with Red, White & Blue! I just linked up my layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linked my page. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete