August 30, 2013

August Sketch with Stash Challenge Inspiration by DT Brenda

Hello and Happy Friday!
I am the last designer on the inspiration train this month and I hope that you have enjoyed all of the FABULOUS "Summertime" and "Game On" inspired layouts our designers have shared with you daily during the month of August.

Today I am sharing two layouts I created inspired our 
August  "Game On' Sketch with Stash Challenge

Here is the first layout:
"Let Ur Smile Be Ur Strategy"
"While digging through my stash and looking for game pieces, I found the chipboard dart and dart board in my Crate Paper "Toy Box", SCORE, these items matched up perfectly with the colors in EP's "For the Record " Collection.  The hardest part of putting this page together was coming up with a title.  I really wanted my title themed around the dart board, so  I  searched  sayings on google, and "whala", my title problem was solved!"

And here is my second layout:
"Memo"
"I turned the sketch 90° to the left to accomodate my photo!  For mys tash part of the challenge, I used a cardstock sticker (playing cards) I found in my old stash of Vegas embellishments and a bingo card from Simple Stories 24/7 collection.  Both of these gaming embellishments matched up welll with Echo Parks " Happy Days" Collection.  Again I used google and found a quote regarding cards that was perfect for a layout about my granddaughter because I feel she has a lot going for herself and we have many discussions on making the right choices to be successful and happy in life."
The quote:
"Life consists not only in holding good cards,
but in playing those cards well!"
~Josh Billings

Thank you for stopping by and if you did not get a chance to  play along with us this month, that is okay, we have two wonderful challenges planned for September as well as another surprise we will be revealing soon with an additonal challenge, inspiration and prizes!!!   

Make sure you stop by tomorrow to see who won the random prize drawing for August and to see what entries were selected by our Design Team as their TOP 3 favs!

Have a  WONDERFUL and SAFE Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Both your layouts are great. I read the green block above the photo in the top layout. It gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete