August 1, 2011

August Re-Do Challenge by Kathryn


Design Team Member Kathryn completed this Re-Do for the August Re-Do Challenge.  She said:

Hi everyone, what a great theme this month!! I loved going back to my very first scrapbook layout and re-creating in my current style. Well 4 years have certainly changed my style! My first layout was very basic, I only had one pad of cardstock and used some free papers from a magazine, a few heart stickers, alpha stickers and a piece of ribbon from a Christmas present, which I think is stuck down with glue stick! But.. it was my very first LO and all in all I still love it!

My re-do I have done using Echo Park and American Crafts papers. I just love these kind of colours together, they are so much fun. I have added some foiled woven sheets underneath to mat the photo. The flower was a plain white flower which I painted with The Stamp Man Moonglow Starburst Stains. They are so lovely, they have built in mica and create a lovely sheen. Prima bling and assorted ribbons finish it off. I have kept the title the same. Spudling is a nickname we gave to Emma when she was little!

Have fun with the challenge this month!  See all the details HERE!
Kathryn

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Great job on the re-do. I really focus in on miss Emma with the second layout! Although I like both layouts! Even if you didn't have many supplies back when you did the first LO, you obviously had "it"...style.
    I'd better get working on my re-do!!!
    -Rhonda H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing both layouts and your re-do is really nice! Sounds like you have developed some serious technique skills along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue flower with the strips behind it. Very cute layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your redo! I think the biggest change is the title - I had to look for it in the first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the brighter colors you've used in the re-do!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While the first LO is lovely, the second one really brings out the photo! The colours are brilliant! I am going to have to look for that stain you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both layouts are great - but I agree that the new one really brings out the picture. Great job!

    ReplyDelete