September 17, 2010

September Challenge by Stacy H-W


Guest Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the September Border Challenge.  She said, "I am so excited to be a GDT this month here at Scrap Our Stash! I have been really having a hard time thinking of a project that was "good" enough. So I finally just said to myself, "Self, just go ahead and make something...anything..." (lol) And this is what I came up with for our "border punch" challenge this month."
I have really been into holiday stuff (Halloween, Christmas etc) lately so I printed out pictures from Halloween last year and decided to finally make a layout of them. I can be given a break on not having them scrapped before this because I only started scrapping in March 2010 so I have many years and many pictures waiting for me to scrap.

I started with a sketch from Sketch Inspirations and decided to use my Little Yellow Bicycle Booville paper. I topped it with a nice green Bazzill Basics paper which I border punched with my Martha Stewart border/corner punches.

I used Making Memories Spellbound puffy alpha stickers for the title work. I inked a spider web in the corner using an Inkadinkado clear stamp and Ranger Jet Black Archival ink.

I also used a page from my 6x6 Eerie paper pad from BasicGrey. I inked the photos, Eerie paper and the paper that I wrote on with my Ranger Peeled Paint ink pad.

To finish it up I used some Crystal Stickles to outline the spider web at the top and bottom of the paper and onto the black paper that I put under the punched out bat on the Eerie paper. (I used a MS punch for the bat). You have to add a little sparkle to everything...right??!
And last but not least I was excited to find these K&C Company Spooktacular skull accents and border in my stash.
It was really fun to make after I finally let myself relax. And now I have at least two of my five kid's Halloween pictures scrapped from 2009. LOL
I hope you liked it and I can't wait to see what all everyone else comes up with for this challenge.

Now it's your turn to take the challenge. See all the details in September Challenge below.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous layout!!! I LOVE the skulls and border all around the edges. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skulls too! and the pictures...wow, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who is fairly new to scrapping, you did a great job! Love the skull border and papers you used. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great - especially for a newby! I don't have Halloween 2009 done yet either - maybe I should challenge myself to do those next.

    Your choice of elements is great - they all add to each other. Great job!

    Thanks for sharing with us here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute! ZOmbie-rific. I love all of the accents and elements you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love how the border punch around your paper just adds so more to the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love MS punches! Your layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you created a fun-tastic skull border. the whole LO is cute & fun, eventhough your lil zombie is quite convincingly scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun border and I love those letters! They are the perfect addition to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Halloween page! I have one son and I still haven't scrapped his pictures from last year! Love the skulls, this came together nicely!

    ReplyDelete