January 4, 2012

January NEW Challenge by Sue

I recently purchased the We R Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon tool and some of their ribbon packs. So let's see if I can use this thing! (if I can do it, anyone can!)
Punching the design into my paper was easy enough. The magnets keep things in place nicely. It is recommended to do this on a harder mat, not the foam mat that comes with the Sew Easy tool. I agree.

You get these little pieces of plastic adhesive to create a needle at the end of your ribbon, so threading is easy. I just had to be careful not to twist my ribbon and pull gently, but the ribbon slides along easily.

With a little layering and minimal embellishing, I quickly completed this card. The ribbon adds a nice texture without a lot of bulk.

Using the additional tool I purchased, I kept the same basic design, changed the color scheme, and made a similar card. This time, the ribbon has a bit more dimension but I still would not call it bulky.

The Verdict: The tool was easy to use and the ribbon threaded nicely, but I had to pay attention! This is one of those tools I will need to keep close at hand so I remember to use it. I thought the finished result was worth the effort.

Now it's your turn! All the details can be found here. Why not give it a try?

12 comments:

  1. Those are both really cute! Fun design, cool tool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this tool before! Now I need one! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I were just talking about this tool. You make it look so easy! I think I'm going to have to get one. I have a stash of ribbon and what a great way to use it up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cool. I bought just the Sew Easy stitch piercer which I haven't used yet. I hadn't seen the ribbon one. Your cards are beautiful. Now see what you started! lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your use of this tool Sue. It looks easy enough and I like the result but I'm not sure I would get enough use out of having one myself. It's definitely a neat little gadget though! I love your green card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing...now my Archiver's gift card I got for Christmas is just calling my name. I have the Stitching tool and love it. So I guess I have to get this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to get my hands on that tool! Now I'll just have to take the plunge and buy it already. lol. Love the finished card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I think you've conned me into getting one of these!!! LOL (jk) Your projects turned out super cool and I think I would love playing around with this new tool. Thanks for sharing!! Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cards are gorgeous! I got that tool in November and now I am feeling like I should pull mine out and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photographs and instructions are very clear and I can see that this little machine could be a good investment. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looooove your projects! I think these tools will be in my future!!!! I love your designs and color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this - looks like you've mastered it already! I don't need this tool - I don't need this tool - I don't need this tool...

    ReplyDelete