January 8, 2012

Pagerize Amanda by Christy

Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the Pagerize This Challenge # 17.  She said:

I have a very vague memory of making an iron on shirt with my mom as a kid. The memory is so vague that I am not sure if it ever even happened. Saying that makes me feel quite sad. So much so that I hope  my son manages to have more vivid memories of me. At the least, he will have tons of scrapbook pages to reference what some may believe is an over-documented childhood. Isn't it great to be a mamarazzi?!?!
  Anyway, When I saw Amanda's page for the Scrap our Stash Pagerize this challenge, I knew I had to lift it. I loved the dynamic look of the circles on her page. I also liked how the smaller cropped photos acted like embellishments to support the main photo.

SEI papers, Basci Grey Brads,DMC floss, glass beads
artsylicious green brad, Fancy pants star sticker
papr trunk alphas, basic grey woolie
Cosmo cricket chipboard arrow with souffle pen in white
colorbox black ink
    Can you spy my new favourite product? I began using them on my pages within the last few months. They are glass beads. I have some that have been in my stash for awhile now. They are sprinkled onto the word   "monster" and then adhered using glossy accents. The little black beads were salvaged from one of my favourite evening bags (I was pretty sad when it broke!). I am finding that glass beads are an economical way to add a little more umph to my pages without breaking the bank. I have made my own stick pins as well as using them to decorate pages or embellishments. I hope to add more colours to my stash at some point in the future. Meanwhile, I am glad I finally pulled these out to play with.

  If you would like to pagerize Amanda's page, you can check out her page HERE! 

Each month on the 15th we post a new layout for you to "pagerize" (plagerize, copy, lift, steal) whatever term you want to use. The idea will be - to use the posted layout as your inspiration to create your own layout. You can "pagerize" as much or as little of the original layout as you choose. You may want to make a layout just like the one posted - or you may just want to use something about the layout as your inspiration.


Once you've completed your layout - email a picture and brief description to scrappinpsycho@live.com All entries will be posted here at Scrap Our Stash. This challenge runs through midnight central time on January 12th. The "Pagerizer" (in this case Amanda), will then choose a winner from all the entries. The winner will be announced on January14th. Then the winner will be asked to submit a layout for us to "Pagerize" starting on the 15th of January.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute page! Love the bright colors, circles, distressed papers, stitching (especially in the tears) and little dots throughout. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, your son will love to have these memories documented!! I love how it turned out!! Great colors, awesome distressing, fun movement..I really love it all!! I found a whole container of glass beads at an antique store that I got for about $3. I've been dying to use them on a project and now I think you have inspired me to do it!! GO YOU!! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give anything to have an over-documented childhood. Actually, I don't think there is any such thing. Great layout! Love all the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you ripped the paper and turned it up! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I love the bold colors and all the distressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - love your colors and the tilt of the paper & the circles. Your title is great too. Almost makes me want to make a Monster shirt in order to use that title!

    ReplyDelete