March 15, 2016

March Sketch +3 Challenge Reveal ~ Guest Designer Nicole Doiron

Hello Scrappers! 

It's time to reveal our March
Sketch +3 Challenge!!!
The challenge:
Create a layout inspired by the sketch above and 
YOU MUST choose at least one item from each list.
Example #1: Gold, Hearts, Ink
Mix it up anyway you want as long as you have at least (1) item from each row.

When posting your layout, you must include in your write up what items you used, to be considered for the random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries are due: March 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

The prize you are playing for this month is:

Our March Guest Designer is 
Nicole Doiron
"I'm Nicole from Canada's beautiful East coast! I share my home with my fiance Yves and our fur baby Sugar the cat. I love reading, music (yes! I do sing in the shower sometimes!), social game nights with friends, road trips and spending as much time in my scrap room as I can! I have a shabby chic romantic style and I love to dabble with mixed media techniques. I started scrapbooking in 2004, starting blogging about it in 2011 and it has been a marvelous adventure ever since!  I have had many wonderful designing opportunities throughout the years and I am now thrilled to be a Guest Designer for Scrap Our Stash!  I really hope that you will enjoy my creations this month and that you will visit my blog Scrap-Utopia to see more."

and here's her fantastic layout:
Here's what Nicole shares about her layout:
What a wonderful sketch this is and it enabled me to dig up a lot of old stash.  Papers used are from My Mind's Eye including the graphic paper behind the picture of my nieces.  I love graphic paper so that was an easy choice for me out of list 1.  Out of list 2, I decided to go with Heidi Swapp Citron Color Shine spray on the background as well as the 'epic' epoxy sticker as part of my title.  List 3 was a bit more of a challenge, but I finally decided to add some subtle polkadot design using a Heidi Swap stencil and walnut stain Ranger Distress ink pad.  I also did some doodling and some journaling with a marker.  Thank you once again to Scrap Our Stash for having me as a Guest Designer this month and for the inspiration for this fun bright layout! :)

Now it's your turn! 
Make sure you upload your layout on the side bar before March 29th! 

4 comments:

  1. Fun layout never thought I'd use hot pink in a boy scout album. Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's been about two years since I did any challenges outside ACOT but in searching for sketch ideas, I remembered you girls and remembered that I always loved your designs! And I was not disappointed as this was the perfect sketch for what I wanted to do. Thanks for looking!

    http://scrappydistractions.blogspot.com/2016/03/it-has-been-such-long-time-since-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun sketch and challenges, I really enjoyed playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sketch and requirements!! Just linked my layout.

    ReplyDelete