June 25, 2015

"Cherish" Layout by DT Becky

Today's fabulous layout, inspired by our
June Sketch Challenge
is the creative work of talented DT Becky:
Becky:
"I love this sketch challenge! Given that our guest designer this month is Ashley Horton, I used one of her cut files for the hearts. I changed things up with a vertical photo strip from a wedding I attended recently and used a love theme through out. Most of the elements come from my Valentine's Day stash. For the background, I tinted modeling past with several shades of spray ink and applied it through a stencil. I sewed around a lid to get the thread circle and added silver and black ink splatters."

To complete the challenge, I kept the love theme and tried to incorporate most of the elements from the layout. I should continue making cards from remaining layout goodies, as it was really quick to pull together. I used the same mixed media techniques for the background, the hearts were remnants of the cut files, and I added leftover paper scraps and embellishments."

Becky we are excited that you have agreed to stay for another term and we are looking forward to the inspiration you will be creating inspired by our challenges for the next six month!
Your support, contributions and dedication to Scrap Our Stash is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for being and awesome team member!

Here is a look at this month's sketch, the inspiration for Becky's layout:
You still have time to play along but remember to be eligible for the prize drawing,
you MUST use your left over scraps from the layout to create a card, any design of your choice!

Have a wonderful day and make sure you stop by tomorrow and check out what our next designer has created to inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment