June 24, 2015

"Have Fun" Layout by DT Claire

Good morning!
Welcome to another day of Design Team inspiration!
Today's featured layout was created by DT Claire, inspired by our
Claire:
"Wonderful sketch -cannot go wrong with a sketch like this. I loved the way the hearts cascaded down so I decided to keep the hearts as the main element. 
This is definitely a stash layout. I had leftover acrylic paint that I did not want to waste so I brushed the various colors on white cards stock thinking I would use it as a backdrop. That changed once I saw this sketch. I decided instead to use my die cutting machine to cut the hearts out at various sizes. I then used the negative cut another layout as well as any left over hearts on a card (see below). I kept this layout simple so that the focus was on the photo. 
The theme of my wedding album is "life lessons" such as having fun, remember to smile, don't sweat the small things, etc. This photo is about the life lesson of having fun, to play and not take things to serious. Don't worry, I did not follow through..."

In this layout, I used the negative of the heart cut file as the background layer. I used papers from the scrap bin -primarily Echo Park Everday Eclectic, to fill in the heart spaces. I also used stickers from Basic Grey Fresh Cut. 
This layout is part of "through the ages" album. I have many random pictures of my husband and I from the beginning. So I thought I would document our relationship in this album to show how we grew as a couple.

"I used all the left overs from the previous two layouts to create this card, the left over hearts from the first layout, and the papers (the last of the EP Eclectic collection) and stickers (BG Fresh Cut) on this card...

For all the details on these projects, please visit my blog, www.ThreeWatersCreations.blogspot.com.

Have a great day and I cannot wait to see your layouts and the cards you create with the leftover papers and embellishments."

Thank you Claire for being a part of our team.   Your contributions and dedication to Scrap Our Stash is greatly appreciated and we will miss you.   
We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Here is a look at our sketch that inspired Claire's layout:
AND...don't forget, you MUST create a card using the left over scraps from your layout
to be entered into the drawing for our June prize drawing.
You have until June 29th, 11:59 PM (PST) to link up your entries!
For complete details and  challenge rules, click HERE

We appreciate you stopping by and invite you to return tomorrow to see what our next Design team member has created to share with you.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment