July 7, 2011

July Red, White & Blue Challenge by Kathryn


Design Team Member Kathryn submitted this layout for the July Red, White & Blue Challenge.  She said:

Hi everyone, here is my entry for the Red, White and Blue challenge for July. First of all I struggled to not think of the Union Jack flag, I gradually realised I didn’t need to restrict myself quite so much! We have a bi-annual charity fundraising event in the UK called Comic Relief, where lots of comedians and other famous people lead and join in fund raising events for African and UK charity projects. The finale is a whole evening TV event called Red Nose Day and you can buy plastic red noses to wear. Maybe you have something similar where you are? Well here is my little clown wearing her red nose and posing for the camera. I had such fun making this layout, and I got a chance to use my red bobble ribbon to match Emma’s red nose. I have used Crate Paper and MME So Sophie papers, all distressed around the edges of everything using a Tim Holtz distressing tool. I added hand sown zig-zags, a few various ribbons and embellishments. The butterflies and flowers are from a lovely ephemera kit I won recently but I don’t know the make, so sorry, they came in a clear baggie! The large sentiment and the large flower are Cosmo Cricket papers. Have fun creating!
Kathryn

Now it's your turn to take the July Challenge.  See all the details HERE!

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the butterflies and ball trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout, I like the stitching and love those title letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how everything is on a diagonal. it adds to the fun feel of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the trim ans stitching on your LO- very cute picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome!! Love all the texture the ribbons add!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cute - makes me want to go out and get a clown nose! You did a great job - love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete