July 5, 2011

Red, White and Blue Challenge by Stacy H-W






Hello, it is Stacy here to share with you my July Red, White and Blue Challenge. I'm not sure there could be an easier challenge here in the U.S. for July since we celebrate our Independence Day and our colors are Red, White and Blue.


I have 5 kids and everyday they come home with some kind of artwork. I never know what to do with it all. I usually just pick my favorites and toss the excess when they aren't around. They usually forget about it after a while so don't notice. (or at least don't mention it)


The other day my 5 year old ds came home with the coolest piece of art. I decided it would be PERFECT for my Scrap Our Stash July Project! He painted this really cool "flag" at school and I just loved the look and texture of it. I asked him if I could have it and add it to my layout. Lucky for me he said yes. He was actually pretty thrilled. ha Now I will have this art preserved for all time and he will be able to look back and see what he made. Unfortunately the ironic thing is that he isn't on the layout at all! He was sick and didn't go to the parade. But at least his art made it on there! lol


So as I mentioned I ended up using some photos of 3 of my kids from the 4th of July parade in Edmond, Oklahoma last year. It was an overcast day and we were super lucky because it didn't start raining until right after we got in the car to leave!


Some other paper I used was We R Memory Keepers Yankee Doodles and The Paper Studio All Seasons pack. I fussy cut some stars out of a sheet from the Yankee Doodles and also used star Pillow Stickers from K & Co. -Americana.


It came together easy as pie. (is pie easy?!) lol

Now it is your turn to show us your July Red, White and Blue Challenge. See all the details HERE!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as easy as American Apple pie! lol
    That page is just perfect, he did a great job... isn't it nice when the kids do your homework for a change? The little stars were *just* enough and being able to preserve the artwork: priceless! (I need to learn to spell! Reason I deleted the previous comment.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flag IS perfect! I like the stars in the corner too, they bring out the fireworks from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is wonderful - I love his flag! And I like how you put the 4 photos together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page! I love the flag he made and the 3-D stars are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page!! I love using my kids stuff too. I've also found that when the item they make can't be saved a quick photo preserves it for a future page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was a wonderful idea to use the artwork as part of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great way to use up the artwork, and preserve it for the future- I often take photos of art6 work before I bin it

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! Very great use of his art!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I am so going to copy your idea and use my daughters artwork in my next layout! Love the flag your son has made it looks perfect. Love those grouped photos as well! K x

    ReplyDelete