September 25, 2013

"Explore The Shore" LO by DT Kerry B.

Happy Hump Day!!!  
I am just loving this layout from DT Kerry! She did a really great job stitching the sun rays to make her sunburst!! Take a look:
 
Kerry said, "After looking through my stash of papers I realised that I didn't own any with a sunburst print (how did that happen?). So I decided that instead of masking/misting (which was my 1st thought) I should stitch the design on my page. To my delight I found some embroidery silk that had different colours running through it like an ombre effect that totally matched my papers! 

Of course you may have noticed that my sunburst is the opposite way to the sketch but only because I was trying to create a sunshine effect, but I pretty much stuck to rest of the design. 
My die-cut journaling circle is from My Little Shoebox and I added some cute stars and hearts that are Fancy Pants.
How are you getting on with finding sunburst paper in your stash? Because if like me you don't have any, there are many ways of reproducing your own, misting, stitching, paper piecing, doodling............ come on, let your creativity shine!! We would love to see it so join us in this sun inspired challenge. xx"


Did you mark your calendar for Friday, Sept 27th -29th for Scrap Our Stash ABC ~ 123 blog hop?  If not, do it now! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment