April 19, 2015

"This Is So The Happy Place" Layout by DT Lynn

Hello Everyone!
Today's fabulous inspiration is the creative work of DT Lynn, inspired by our
April Sketch Challenge:
Lynn:
Hello SOS fans!
'The first thing that caught my eye with the inspiration photo was the bright pink and ombre. I used watercolor paint to create an ombre effect on my background.
I was also inspired by the clouds in the photo which I added in the top strip and the banner strip behind my photo. I rotated the sketch so the cloud banner would be at the top of my page.
I loved the colored polka dots in the inspiration photo and found some an old 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park which matched perfectly!
I pulled the black and beige striped pattern from the clouds in the photo and tucked strips under my photo. 
I used the quote in the photo as my title and was inspired to use gold and multi colored letters.

The last bit of snow just melted in my corner of the world. It sure was a long winter, but I couldn't help but create one last "wintery layout" using fun bright colors!

Can't wait to see what you create!'

Here is a look at the awesome sketch created by Laura Whitaker:
Your challenge this month is to create a layout inspired by Laura's sketch
AND...the photo inspiration below:
(You are allowed to use whatever inspires you in the photo to create your layout, the colors, the shapes, the sayings, etc.   Just make sure when posting your layout, you mention what element you used for inspiration)
Here is the inspiration photo:

Click HERE for complete challenge details and rules

Make sure you check out our April sponsor:

Return tomorrow for more Design Team April Sketch Challenge inspiration!
Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment