August 5, 2015

"The Graduate" LO by DT Sherri

Hello!!

Today's inspiration is from our Designer Sherri.  Here's her awesome layout:
Here's what Sherri said about her layout:

"I am just LOVING these WORD Challenges! This is a photo from my youngest son Jake's Middle School Graduation, in 2009!! I've had these photos printed for some time - only about 6 years!!! - It is one of my favorite pictures of Jake. I loved it so much that I printed it in 2 different sizes! I sometimes like to repeat the same photo on a layout - if it is one that I feel is really special, and sometimes use it in different sizes, and/or using different filters too. Since I had printed it in black and white, I decided to use that color(less) pallet for my layout too.

I've had these papers and embellishments since that time too, and I am so happy this challenge pushed me to finally scrap them, and use up some of my stash!!

I even used one of the 2 pieces of 12x12 Acetate that I have held onto, and wasn't sure what to do with, (why I had 2 of them - I don't know!) After painting around the edges of the base black flocked and silver graduation caps page, I added the feather, and the 2 matted photos. I then covered the page with the Acetate sheet, but added some score tape between the base and the acetate, under where I knew I would be placing the title. I then secured it by using 4 Black Eyelets ( one in each corner) I I love how this layout came out! I hope you will play along with us this month too! Here are the items I used for the challenge: 

P - Photo corners ( the old school black ones) 
A - Arrow (brad,) Acetate 
P - Paint ( White Ranger Distress Paint) 
E - Eyelets, to secure the Acetate on all 4 corners 
R - Rhinestones, Reminisce "Hat Toss" Flocked paper

Here's my blog:

Here's the challenge:

Please CLICK HERE for details on this challenge!

Can't wait to see what you use for your challenge! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the challenge as well as getting this memory documented! I love reliving those moments from days gone by! It's one of my favorite things about scrapping!

    ReplyDelete