March 30, 2010

April Guest Design Team Member

Meet another of our Guest Design Team Members for April:

Hello, I'm Laurie Marmon from Mountain View, California. I'm originally a Midwest girl from Iowa but came out here in 2009, the same year I married my best friend. Together we have one furbaby, Hannah, who likes to star in many of our photos and ultimately my scrapbook layouts. I've been scrapbooking since 2003 after accumulating too many good pictures to just be kept on my computer or stuck in albums. I now enjoy expanding my craft skills with a good layout sketch and trying new techniques with stamping. I love putting lots of photos on a layout, the more the better! I definitely have quite a stash, so coming across this Scrap Our Stash blog has been great in making me use what I already have, especially my neglected embellishments. My current project is my honeymoon book for my trip to Peru.


My project: This is a small 8x8 of Hannah that I did recently. I'm making Hannah her own 8x8 book since she has so many cute pictures. This layout uses one of the first pictures I took of her in our new place in California. She instantly took residence on the windowsill in the living room due to its great vantage point in overlooking both what we do and the outside world. I kept the photo the main focus but had a little fun using some of my kitty embellishments I've gathered specifically for her book: the paw print punch and the "Mischief Maker" tag.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hannah is beautiful! I absolutely love the colors you used! Perfect embellishments for this layout! I love how you kept the focus on Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - I love pink and green together! And what a cute picture of Hannah. Very clean & simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the guest design team spot. Can't wait to see what else you have for us! :) Your LO is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green and pink together! THis page came together very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Laurie! (I'm a midwest girl myself-SD).
    That is a great pictures of Hannah!

    ReplyDelete