March 8, 2010

March Challenge

There's No One Like You by Kathy
Posted by PicasaFor the March Old / New Challenge, I did this layout of Madeline. The journaling says "Madeline, you are definately one of a kind! The kind we all love."
My old is the paper - the background is from one of the first slabs ever, the strips are scraps, and then the title was actaully stamped with old stamps! My New is the shape behind the title. It is actually a Sizzix Flower die cut that I recently purchased.
This was a fun challenge - I liked having to come up with something old and something new and put them together in one project. Now it's your turn. Check out all the details in the March Challenge below. We'd love to post your project.

9 comments:

  1. Great use of scraps! I love how you slanted the photos a bit. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline is so cute! Great use of old paper and scraps. Love the stamped title and the diet cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I recognize that old paper! Very nice layout and I love your placement of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color you choose. It brings out her beautiful eyes. I also like the play on words in your title. "The kind we all love" is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great layout Kathy! I love how you used all the different papers and your new diecut kind of reminds me of little hearts glued behind the circle to look like a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooo cute kathy. I recognize some of those papers!
    Love the use of those strips, very pretty. I also love the journaling spot!
    I had the same idea as Megan, I have a hearts Punch from UP! I know I can recreate the pretty flowers you use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest kid in the world, she is nearly as cute as her mother was at that age. I feel bad that I know that (because I am old enough to remember). This is a beautiful inspiring page. I can't wait for you to get here, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to use up that old paper!! I love the flower journaling spot! Is it hearts put together?

    ReplyDelete