March 17, 2010

March Challenge

Cards by Megan
Design Team Member Megan has submitted these cards for the March Old / New Challenge.

She said, "I made some cards for another challenge, but I used old and new items so that they would work for this challenge too.

On the green polka dot card, I created the background with a new polka dot stamp set I purchased recently. The old part of this card is the apple stamp that I’ve had for almost 9 years. I also used some eyelets on this project to hold the lollipop. The saying on the front of the card says: “Don’t be a sour apple…” And the inside of the card says: “I think you’re sweet!”

On the circle card, I used some really old paper scraps from when I taught one of my first vintage classes and I paired it with some Jollee’s pear diecuts (also very old). The new parts on this card include the Making Memories journaling notebook page (I cut it up and only used part on this card) and the border punch is a newer purchase that I use all the time.

The next card says “I *heart* you more than chocolate” and I created it with some old chocolate chip paper I found on clearance several years back and I used a Heidi Swapp journaling spot (also older) for the first part of my title. I also used a border punch that is one of my favorites. The heart was created with a new punch and I added some new Rock Candy distress stickles to it. The ribbon and stamps I used for my title were also older from my stash.

This last card says “You’re so berry sweet”. I used an older House Mouse stamp and colored them with colored pencils and gamsol. The Making memories journal paper is new to me, along with the Rock Candy Stickles I added on the colored berries. I also used a glitter pen to write the word “berry” and the stamp “you’re so sweet” was an older stamp I have had for awhile, but never used yet, so I’m counting it as new.

Posted by Picasa
Now it's your turn to take the March Old / New Challenge. Submit your project with a brief description to scrappinpsycho@live.com. You could be our next Guest Design Team Member!

4 comments:

  1. These are so nice. I like them because they are so different. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute cards. I have the chocolate chip paper too, somewhere in the dark recesses of my "old" paper bins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards! Love how you attached the lollipop too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - I especially like the one with the lollipop!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete