March 8, 2010

March Challenge

Blocks by Mardi


April Guest Design Team Member Mardi completed these blocks for the March Old / New Challenge. Here is her description:

This was such a fun challenge! I used the following supplies:
The new
Graphic 45 On the boardwalk pp collection
The Old
QuicKutz alpha
Colorbox chalk
Prima flowers
misc. brads
I wanted to alter some baby blocks, but unfortunately I do not have any, so I decided to create a template to make my own out of heavy cardstock. Please feel free to use the template. I created five different square boxes and wanted to make sure I could spell a few different words from them for inspiration in my scrap room and as an added bonus, one of the words I could spell with the letters I placed on the blocks was my name.


Now it's your turn. Submit your March Old / New Challenge project soon. You could be a future Guest Design Team Member. See all the details below in March Challenge. Also, don't miss the Spring Cleaning Challenge detailed below.

7 comments:

  1. These are great - I like how your able to spell so many words!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look so cool! Love the inspirantional words and your name! I love the idea that you made your own blocks, way to use your stash. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great and I love the fact that you made the blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, Mardi, what a wonderful project!! Love that you can create all the words with them! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, it was a fun project. I love putting old with the new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mardi this si amazing!!! thanks for sharing with us. I bet they looks so pretty in your scraproom!
    Thanks for such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are great! Love how you embellished them!

    ReplyDelete