March 12, 2010

March Challenge

Glow by Joni

Posted by Picasa
Design Team Member Joni says this about her submission for the March Old / New Challenge.

"For the title, I used Heidi Swapp mask letters (medium old) and spritzed with Glimmer mists (new...the red color was just released at CHA Winter and I had won it as a prize). I used some really really old "mesh" and an old Queen & Co felt border . I found it really difficult to scrap this photo because of how dark it was. I struggled with it for a long time...I finally just added the journaling and called it done. As I look at it now, I'm glad I did. It's easy sometimes for me to want to "add more" but sometimes, simple is best.

Submit your project for the March Old / New Challenge today.

4 comments:

  1. I like this. I too struggle with not feeling I am doing enough but then think again about it being about the photo, not the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job with a simple layout. I always want to add more to, then talk myself out of it. I like this picture, their faces are glowing, perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me three, I also feel a need to add more to my layouts! This is awesome, love the "white" space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The transparent letters are just what this page needed for the title! As usual great job!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete