March 28, 2010

March Challenge

Posted by PicasaGuest Design Team Member, Stephanie, had this to say about her March Old / New Challenge. "So, not too long ago I got some pretty roses and a card from the hubster. Also, not too long ago, I was in my LSS and I saw a set of stickers that I just had to have. (I'm getting somewhere, stick with me!) Last night, while the hubster was riding away on the exercise bike I snuck away to my craft cave and made this sweet card for him. A little background - this summer I went to the SF Museum Of Modern Art and I saw the famous Robert Indiana "LOVE" painting. I fell in love! Does that explain why I just had to have these stickers?Enough with the sappiness, here's the scoop on the card. It's for 2 challenges, the March Scrap Our Stash challenge and this week's Die Cuts R Us challenge it's a recipe - 3 jewels/buttons, ribbon, 2 die cuts, and one stamped image. I used my (old) first set of Nesties (labels 3) to make my two die cuts and couldn't keep my hands off of the fuzzy flocked paper in one of the (new) DCWV stacks I got for Christmas (Downtown Loft). I pulled the shades of brown from my (old) stash of cardstock and did the same with the ribbon. The stamp is from the drawer of doom (aka - clear stamps without backing live there) and I used Al A Carte embossing powder. My jewels/buttons are, in fact, jewels but you can't see them very well in this photo. There is a pretty heart one on the LOVE sticker and two little round ones accenting the embossed swirly. As you can see, I still can't tie a bow...but that knot is HOT!
Have you submitted your March New / Old Challenge yet? See all the details below.

7 comments:

  1. Great card! Love all the different textures used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the colors together are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very romantic looking! And your knot looks like a bow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is the card beautiful (I don't know how people do it) but the background for the photo looks so professional too. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card, the colors are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so elegant....totally gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete