September 1, 2016

September Book Inspired Stash Challenge ~ Guest Designer Anna Uhras

Hello and thank you for stopping by today for the reveal of our
September Book Inspired Challenge
and to meet our talented
 September Guest Designer

Here's the challenge:
Your challenge is...
Create a layout inspired by the BOOK COVER.. 
You are allowed to use anything from the cover that inspires you,
for instance, the colors, title, outdoor or school theme, etc.
AND...you must include BOOK or DICTIONARY PAPER on your page.
When posting your layout, you must include in your write up
what inspiration you pulled from the book cover, to be considered for the 
random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries are due: September 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Here is the prize you are playing for this month:
$20 gift card to shop at 
THE SCRAPROOM KIT CLUB

Now it is time to meet our 
September Guest Designer
Anna Uhras

"Hi I'm Anna and I'm from a little village in the middle of Sweden. My family of seven, hubby, five kids (21 - 3 ) and me are living at our farm, where my hubby works, and I work halftime as a hairdresser. I have to admit I'm addicted to Scrapbooking and all the pretty papers and supplies around our awesome hobby. As often as I can I love playing along at Scrap Our Stash, therefore I'm so happy and honored that Brenda and Rochelle asked me to guest this month. I´m also a member of some design teams, which is so fun and very developing. My first contact with this hobby was about 2007, mostly cardmaking. But I think my "real" start was about Fall 2012 when I discovered Scrapbooking with layouts. I mostly do traditional 12 x 12 but also letter size sometimes. My style is hard to define for me, it depends of what has inspired me at that moment. But I love rich and bright colors, layers, white space, thread and even machine stiching is often to find on my layouts.

You are more than welcome to visit me at my blog:
Anna xo

And today Anna is sharing the amazing layout she created inspired by the challenge:
"Practice In Writing"
Anna:
"I was inspired by the colors, the alphas and the school theme. The design on the book cover gave me the idea of the design of my layout. I found some pages from an old dictionary and used it with a picture wheel die. The papers as well are pretty school/alpha inspired.
Hope you found some inspiration here so you will join us for this lovely challenge."
Anna xo


Our team is looking forward to seeing how this month's book cover inspires each of you,
so go get your scrap on and share your creations with us!
Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout and take on the challenge! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for September and sharing your awesome work with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Brenda! It is all my pleasure <3 i am so honored to be your guest! Anna xo

      Delete
  2. Just LOVE your work Anna, and this page is a delight to view :) Congrats on your GDT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Lizzy my dear friend <3 Thanks a bunch!! Anna xo

      Delete
  3. Fantastic layout. Congrats on being GDT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great challenge! I took inspiration from the structure of the book cover, the large circle in the middle and the cycling dog to create a layout about my son's first bicycle ride. I just uploaded my layout to the gallery. Looking forward to the next challenge in October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun challenge! I finally started scrapping the first day of school pics! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete