May 1, 2015

May Stash Challenge #26 ~ Guest Designer

What an awesome response we had to our April challenges! Thank you to everyone who entered, we hope you will all play along with us again this month.

It's reveal day for our new stash challenge, but first...
a BIG THANK YOU to our
May Sponsor
Redd Robin Studios
About Redd Robin Studios:
Redd Robin Studios is an online Etsy Shoppe.
 We carry scrapbook supplies, art supplies, mixed media supplies and, now, PLANNER supplies!
If you need something that we don't have, message us and we'll see what we can do.

Redd Robin Studios is awarding the following prize to our May random drawn winner:
 We would love for you to take some time out and visit

It is now time to reveal our 
May Stash Challenge
Your challenge is to create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word
E-M-B-O-S-S
(You cannot use the word embellishment for the letter "E" and you must us a different stash item for each S)

Please remember to list what items you used for each letter when posting your entry.
Entries linked up without a list will not be eligible for the prize drawing. 
Entries are due: May 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)
Click HERE for our challenge guidelines

Meet our 
May Guest Designer
Jinny Newlin
"My family and I live in a small suburb of Kansas City, Kansas, just over an hour and a half north of where I grew up. I am a former kindergarten teacher turned adoring wife to BJ and stay-at-home, homeschool mom to Ezekiel (11), Adina (6), and Kaden (1). When I’m not taking care of or playing with my family, you can find me cooking, baking, gardening, camping, sewing, taking pictures, blogging at Soaring, and of course, paper crafting. My love for the latter started, over thirteen years ago, at a Stampin’ Up workshop; but I have been creating with any and every form of crafting media, that I could get my hands on, since I was old enough to hold a crayon. I’ve been honored to have had a number of published works of art, as well as to get to design for some of my most favorite manufacturers and challenge blogs, which currently includeStuck?! Sketches and The Studio, and am just thrilled to be guest designing with the talented ladies at Scrap Our Stash. I hope that I can inspire you all to get creating!"

Check out this adorable layout Jinny created inspired by our April Stash Challenge
Here is what Jinny shared about the challenge and her reveal:
"I just love the freedom that comes with the challenges at Scrap Our Stash! I like to load my pages with lots of layers and details, so I always find picking an item for each letter of the chosen word, while challenging, super fun! Inspiration for my page came from that gorgeous, Dear Lizzy, moon phases, patterned paper, which came in my Noel Mignon Hello Darling Classic Kit this month, and I knew would pair perfectly with these photos of my baby bear. He was just three-days-old in the pics and all snug and toasty warm after his bath on his first morning at home. Further inspiration came from a fun, Washi Tape stamp set, as well as lots of tags, Polaroids, and veneer bits, that I just received in a scrumptious box from Elle’s Studio.

My “EMBOSS” list…

E = eyelets

M = moons

B = buttons, bow, baby, & a tiny green balloon

O = orange

S = silver, stripes, stenciling, & stamping

S = stickers, stars, string, & Silhouette"

Thank you so much Jinny for agreeing to be our May guest Designer and providing us with such gorgeous inspiration!
We are thrilled and appreciate you being here!

Okay SOS fans, as always, we have provided you with a challenge, awesome inspiration and a fabulous prize...it is now your turn to"show us what you working with!"

Thank you for stopping by and make sure you return tomorrow for more
May Stash Challenge inspiration from a member of our Design Team.

7 comments:

  1. lovely page and great ideas! not to mention gorgeous baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me, ladies! I'm honored! I always enjoy my time in your neck of the woods. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo Jinny! So nice to have you as our Guest Designer! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy National Scrapbook Day! I've entered a layout for challenge #26! Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this challenge! You had me thinking..lol!

    ReplyDelete