June 15, 2010

Cristo by Rachel
Design Team Member Rachel submitted this layout for the June Stitch Challeng. She said,
"Here is my take on the June Challenge. I love to doodle. I doodle and sketch designs when I'm in class to help me stay focused (otherwise my mind wanders all over the place). It is a coping skill that I developed a long time ago, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered why I doodle in class. But anyway- I don't have a very good relationship with sewing machines thanks to a run in with one in Home Economics in middle school so I like to faux stitch on my projects.



Here is an example of some of the stitches I use with my scrapping.
For this project I used Kathy's Frugal Friday tip about using scraps. Related to her tip, I order 6x6 paper packs in order to save money.Since I scrap mostly 8.5x11 the 6x6 paper works really well for what I need.
I was also inspired by a Page Maps sketch. For more details regarding my layout you can check out my blog.
Now its your turn to take the challenge. See all the details in June Challenge - below.

6 comments:

  1. Great faux stitch! And I'm with you on the love-hate relationship with the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, i really love how your paper strips make sort-of a cross. And you can barely tell your stitching is faux! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layout Rachel! I like the colors of the flowers and how your strips form a cross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this lo! Love the cross! I may have to lift that for my son's Baptism page. My mom gave me her sewing machine and I gave it back not long ago, I didn't have the patience to figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried a sewing machine on LO's...I tend to prefer to handstitch. I do love your doodling...the whole Lo is very simply stated and elegant. The color of your paper on the background gives such a great feel to the whole page. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the composition of your layout. Well-balanced and the strips of paper helps draw the eye to the picture. Great faux stitching - I especially like that you used different "kinds" of stitching.

    And aren't those Frugal Friday tips helpful?! Can't wait to apply of those.

    ReplyDelete