June 12, 2010

Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge

Totally Spoiled by Kathy
Posted by PicasaThis is actually a combination of both the Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge and the June Stitching Challenge.
I did this layout of my granddaughter at the pumpkin patch - not your regular autumn looking colors, due to Texas' weather. I used a piece of paper from the new DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack. The strips are cut from one sheet of the 12 x 12 paper. I had to split them behind the pictures (Frugal Friday Tip), in order for the strip to fit diagonally on the page. I then cut the snail, and flowers out of one of the leftover strips. I then pen stitched around the top and bottom of the strips and pictures which gave the layout more pizazz!
This was a fun sketch to work with - I plan to use it again. I really like the circles in the sketch - but just couldn't make them work on this page - maybe next time.
Now it's your turn! Take one or both of the challenges - or combine them into one layout. See details for the Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge and the June Challenge below.

6 comments:

  1. Love the soft colors of the layout and how you interpreted the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colors of the strips against the Kraft paper background. I think it makes the layout feel a bit more special. I love the stitching around the Photo mat on the bottom. I love that you used non traditional items to scrap this pumpkin patch visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colors Kathy! You have a cute subject too!!! Way to combine both challenges! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute layout, I love the pen stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to combine the challenges!!! Very nice lo! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete