June 28, 2010

June Challenge / Sketch Challenge 2 Combo

First 5K by Laurie

Design Team Member Laurie submitted this layout for both the June Stitch Challenge and the Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge 2. She said, "this layout consists of both the June stitching challenge and Robin's great sketch. I started out with my four pictures, found the background patterned paper with stitch lines and then knew I wanted to try out stitching each of the panels. I'm still new at getting a straight line with my sewing machine, but I hide that fact a bit with my distressing. I find it works wonders!
Posted by PicasaNow it's your turn to take one or both of the challenges. Check out all the details below.

7 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous Larurie! I love how the stitching reminds me of a track. Great way to combine both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stitching and distressing combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great accomplishment! And I love all of the distressing. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG Laurie! Love that you combined both the sketch and challenge. It looks great. I think that stitching should be a fun way to express yourself... I can't sew straight but love it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you chose. They are a lot of fun and go well with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job combing two challenges into one page! It looks great! And your stitching looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job - great way to combine the 2 challenges. And congratulations on the run!

    ReplyDelete