June 22, 2010

June Stitch Challenge

A Good Book by Kimmarie



Design Team Member Kimmarie submitted this layout for June's Stitching Challenge. The layout is an 8 x 8.

She said, "I took this picture of my daughter Emma reading to a school duck named Max. Every couple of month's the kids would bring home a backpack with a stuffed animal and a bunch of books to read to it and the family. This backpack was filled with accessories for the duck and 11 books. Emma read 9 books to her duck, Max. I then would write in a journal about how well she did and how she played with the stuffed animal. My pictures came out a bit dark but it was still worth scrapping. I put bling on the pattern paper around the 7 and E because she is 7 years old and her name begins with "E". I added hidden journaling behind the picture, stitched along the bottom of the matting and stamped with my new {ippity} stamps titled Books A Flutter. See more stamps at Ippity in my Korner.

Do you like to stitch on your creations? If so, send us a copy and we will put it on our blog. Send your creation to scrappinpsycho@live.com. Also check out The Scrap Our Stash Sketch 2 challenge listed in the right margin.
--

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Love the stitching! And i love the book stamp! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching!!!!

    I love the story behind the picture!! And I love the paper layering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute page! Definately worth scrapping! Love the layering of paper and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story is great! I like how you documented it...the alpha paper behind the photo and the layered paper is nice and goes well with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this story...my son's school does the whole bring the animal home too (his was a dog in Kinder last year)... we had lots of fun doing that (and yep, I scrapped it too). This layout is sooo cute & sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice layout! I like how you put the square around the 7E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet layout! I like how you embellished around her initial and age in your patterned paper. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cleaver idea of outlining the E and the 7 - great layout. And what a great way to capture a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how cute. we never had a reading buddy to bring home when i was in school ;) i love your color choices and your stitching. Also great that you placed the picture on the right - your daughter's angle in the picture creates a nice line to the rest of the layout.

    ReplyDelete