June 9, 2010

June Stitch and Sketch Challenge

Sun Dial by Christy S.


Future Guest Design Team Member, Christy chose to combine the Sketch challenge with the June Stitch challenge.

Here is her description: "The sketch reminded me so much of sun beams. I had these photos of my son acting the part of a sundial during a homeschool science project and felt the sketch would be perfect for it. I wanted to create the illusion of sunlight becoming shadow. So I used water color crayons as a base on white cardstock. To help delineate the space, I stitched lines in light orange, dark orange and black DMC floss. I punched squares from my Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pad and layered these along the rows to add to the "sun to shadow" effect. The buttons and brads used are from Ambrosia as well. I used CK's Far out font to journal with and to cut the title on my cricut. When I took the original photos, I had to position myself to capture the shadows. There was a water meter in the shot. To hide it, I punched circles and wrote the time of day. I inked the journal spot and title with Colorbox black ink."

What a great way to combine the two challenges. See all the details for both challenges in Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge and/or June Stitching Challenge below.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Love the squares and the double pager! Lovely LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all the squares! It looks so mosaic! Great idea combining the two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool take on the sketch - That's great that you were able to make it a two pager - and use both challenges at one time!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really liking the different squares of paper in such a cool mosaic of color! Goes very nicely with the topic of your layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first thing I noticed on your layout was the stitching, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great jon on your stitching! Love the squares too!

    ReplyDelete