June 29, 2010

Meet Our July Guest Design Team Member Ren-Yi

"I am a software engineer by day and a creative jill of all trades by night. I have always a project on hand that involves some sort of yarn or floss, since I've been introduced to knitting & crocheting 3 years ago through our company's Project Linus community event. I also use to cross-stitch in high school. However, in the summer I lose interest to work on large, warm projects, and my only creative outlet is usually the kitchen, where I love to experiment in both baking and cooking. That was until certain friends (ahem - Steph, Laurie, Belinda) had a brilliant idea to creating the "Swapping Sisters" group, where the girls promised to send me "kits" so i could create cards. Kits, after all, are low-key ways of dappling into paper crafting; i wouldn't have to own too much supply, just a little adhesive and basic card stock -- or so I was told. I went out to Michael's to purchase a Towbow adhesive, some Glue dots and a pack of card stock paper and went at my first project (refurbishing a journal for a boy) only to realize that none of the tools i had handy were any help. So somewhere between six months and now I have accrued one paper craft tool/supply/other vice after another -- and I'm completely hooked. Let's just say that my love for paper, ink and clear stamps have turned into a "must buy" list and "must do" project list. I love challenges and sketches, since they bring me out of my comfort zone and I get to play along with other wonderful, creative ladies. A last little secret about my paper crafting addiction? I bought a sewing machine because I thought stitching on cards is hot...But if anyone asks, the sewing machine was to hem pants for little people. Really. ;)"
My blog


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Love the card! I'm so excited to see more of your fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I love your card and I think you will make a great addition to the team come July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, and welcome, Ren-Yi! I love your grad card - the lucky recipient will love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you. I really liked your blog and look forward to checking it out some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are talented with so many hobbys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone - thank you for your welcoming comments! the SOS gals & Kathy have been absolutely fun and great to work with.

    ReplyDelete