June 21, 2010

Scrap Our Stash Sketch 2

My Box Babies - by Christy S.

Guest Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the Scrap Our Stash Sketch 2 Challenge. Here is her description.

For my take:
Yellow is one of those colors that I just don't work well with. It's my least favorite color and so I end up with a lot of it in my stash. When I initially started this Lo about my pets, I was using a pet stack which had a lot of yellow in it. The pet-themed papers just were not working for me. However, I still wanted to challenge myself to use up some yellow. Since my title is "LOVE (heart) my Box Babies)", I settled on some Sassafrass paper strips with heart prints. I inked the edges of the paper with Colorbox Chestnut Roan ink. I made a heart from chipboard and ribbon scraps. I used my cricut basic George font along with CK Sloppy and CK Blackout. I added some yellow heart buttons that were in my stash. Though I found this sketch challenging, it allowed me to use up a lot of scrap paper.


Now it's your turn to complete the sketch challenge. See the sketch and details on how to submit your project in Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge below.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Way to challenge yourself to use that yellow! I think we all have a color we dread to scrap with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch Christy! I love that you challenged yourself beyond to use a different color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and great use of some scraps! The yellow looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to challenge yourself to use your yellow! I think you did a great job here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great scrap interpretation. when i find a color hard to work with - i try to look around my daily life to see where that color appears. other tricks -- ignore the color and go for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of yellow - and the stash buttons. Don't ya just love it when you find something in your stash that's perfect for a layout!

    Great take on the sketch too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete