April 19, 2012

April SPRING FLING Challenge by Elizabeth


Design Team Member Elizabeth submitted this layout for the April SPRING FLING Challenge.  She said:


I thought that this month’s challenge, Spring Fling would be easy but for some reason it was not so ... I played around with several ideas but in the end settled for scrapping these little lambs.

I am surrounded by sheep farming country and so every spring I look out for the first newborn lambs of the season. Snowdrops might be the harbinger of spring but when the first lamb is spotted you know it's here in Ayrshire for certain. Just seeing them frolicking in the fields nearby makes me smile, but they are the very devil to photograph ... their mum's are very protective and one sight of me and my camera and they usually head for the hills, as you can see in the photo on the left.

The papers are all from Daisy Bucket Designs, three sheets from the appropriately named In The Meadow collection, and one from Perfect Harmony, another aptly named paper. I've been hoarding them since 2010 so time they got an airing. The curvy strips were created using Kiwi Lane Designs templates, as was the journaling bracket and the butterflies. The titles are computer generated, then cut and adhered with foam squares. The 'sun flower' and several of the other flowers were fussy cut from the patterned papers - the others were punched, scrunched, hot glued together and finished off with card candy ... I prefer to make my own flowers if possible, they seem to coordinate better. The stamped sentiment, my winter mantra, is from Sheena Douglas.


I hope you like this layout – for those interested, there’s a bit more information about Ochiltree on my blog – http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/


Regards
Elizabeth


Now it's your turn to take the April SPRING FLING Challenge. The April Challenge is anything to do with SPRING FLING. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think SPRING FLING and take the challenge. To participate in the April SPRING FLING Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com 

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on April 30th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on April 30th.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Love the bursts of Spring colors in your layout! Really great design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Baby animals being born always gets me excited for spring! Love your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Love the flowers, colors, curved papers and butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Elizabeth. I love all the patterned paper you used and those flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creative layout, just bursting with color and fun!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your curvy background and that sun is awesome! What a fun springy colored layout!

    ReplyDelete