July 29, 2010

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$





Design Team member Monica submitted the following Frugal Friday Tip. She said, "My frugal tip is a simple one that some of you may already do. I save almost all of my paper scraps, I hate to throw paper away. I use my scraps to make simple cards. I don't like to spend too much time on my cards, I like them simple. Making cards is also a good way to use up all these flowers you have or any other embellishment you haven't used in a while.
I keep my cardstock scraps by color and then have a folder for all my patterned paper scraps. I made all these cards one night when I couldn't sleep but didn't feel like I wanted to do a whole lo. What do you do with your scraps?
If you have a frugal tip to share - just email the tip along with a picture to scrappinpsycho@live.com. You could be featured as our next Frugal Friday tip. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. This is always a good tip. Saving and using scraps is something I try to do, seems I save them more then I use them. Thanks for the kick in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cards! What a great way to use your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a card maker - but I definately save my scraps. I have them devided by color in iris boxes - and always dig in them before I cut into a full sheet of paper!

    Thanks for sharing the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I organize my patterned paper scraps in a little receipt organizer I got from Target for $1 by color. I agree, truly a frugal tip when cards are needed not to have to cut into a big piece of paper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely a paper waster. I should totally try saving my scraps. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, what a beautiful set of cards.
    I also use my scraps to make cards!
    Lately I've been doing paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep my scraps and use them for cards as well. I buy mostly paper kits now because they are so much easier to use. I keep the kit together in a large ziplock and use as much as I can for layouts. When the selection gets low I use the rest for cards. It's such a great feeling to use it all up. I also have a basket where I keep odd/leftover embellishments that are good to use on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so disorganized. all my scraps end up in my scrap pile, or back in the pattern paper pad where i ripped it out. I pretty much save all pattern parts and always look for a way to salvage part of a patter on the pp or punch out little dots that could be used as embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies! I am not a card maker by any means but I hate to throw paper away! :)

    ReplyDelete