July 2, 2010

July Challenge

My Mad Martian Maker by Christy

Guest Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the the July Brad/Eyelet Challenge.


Here is her description:
My son recieved a Martian Maker toy as a gift. I really wanted to make the colors of the toy pop...so I chose a black background. I chose the Sassafrass patterned paper because it reminded me of stars. it also had a retro feel that reminded me of the "my favorite Martian" show. I chose green ribbon from Cosmo Cricket's Jack's world collection as a border. I wanted a space theme, So I used chipboard stickers from K and Company. I made the stars myself. Flat stars would have worked fine, but I really wanted to add dimension. I had just viewed a tutorial about making folded stars on the
Scrapbook and cards Today blog. I added brads to one of the stars as an accent.

TIP:
when doing this, make sure your the tabs on your brads are not pointed at a crease...they will poke through if you aren't careful. To adhere the stars to my page in such a way that they would not get crushed, I glued pieces of cotton balls inside of them. I cut the title on my cricut using CK's Jolly Elf font. I love using brads on a LO. They are such an easy way to add a little dimension and interest to your layouts.
--
Posted by Picasa
Now it's your turn to take the July Brad/Eyelet Challenge. See all the details below in July Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Christy - Nice Layout! The papers do make the colors pop. I love how you did the stars, I am goiing to check out the tutorial. tfs I like the mini space ship too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this double pager! Fabulous colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great take on the sketch and a great way of using your brads! they add nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your complements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brads on the star are a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this two pager!! Great paper choices! And the stars look super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome - I love the colors on the black and the 3-D stars are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 3D stars are awesome and i love how you incorporated brads on them!

    ReplyDelete