July 11, 2010

Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge 2


Design Team Member Stephanie submitted this layout for the Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge 2. She Said, "I'm back to my old tricks again, doing layouts years after the event happened. I may have guessed on the year based on the clothes and the color of Ryan's ring (His engagement ring was silver and his wedding ring is gold. I'm pretty sure that ring is silver!) Also, I know that I missed the parade in 2008, and that I haven't printed the 2009 or 2010 photos! It's either 2007 or 2006 and I'm pretty sure we were all underage in 2006 and the other photos I have involve lots of booze! As you can guess St. Pat's is a HUGE street party here in Butte, America. It makes sense because Butte is a Irish-Catholic mining town. :) For this layout I used MME's Totally Girl stack, Heidi Swapp chipboard letters, WMS stamps, copper ink, and emerald perfect pearls to pull it all together. I love the button in the middle of my handmade shamrock, it kind of holds the whole layout together! I can't wait for the next sketch and I hope you play along too!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Nice soft colors. I have so many older pictures that desperately need to be scrapped, but I keep printing new ones to scrap. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout...Looks & sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color choices!I too am scrapping older photos.It's nice to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors - and great job using older pictures. That's always a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, Steph! glad that you're submitting something. i love the vintage twist that you're taking on your projects. and i do spy the Waltzingmouse Stamps! hot hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your St. Patrick's Day layout is so subtle. I love your handmade shamrock with the brad center. Everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice layout, I like the decorative strip, looks like stamping? Your date issue reminds me of a scrap retreat story...there was a gal who throughout the weekend could not remember events/dates to journal with her pictures. Her mom was there and remember everything it was amazing. Later, when the book was complete, her daughter commented that she was surprised at all her mom could remember. At which time her mom told her that she really didn't remember those things, she just made them up! But she figured if her daughter didn't remember then no one else would know either. I thought it was so funny and she had a good point. At least you have your photos scrapped and the date is somewhat close, and who will know if it isn't!!

    ReplyDelete