July 30, 2010

Meet August Design Team Member - Sara

My name is Sara Zenger and I have lived in the same area of Northern New York for my entire life - 30 years! There is something about 'Small Town' USA that has made my husband of 9 years and I want to stay and raise our 6 year old son in. We are close to both of our families and enjoy the feeling of being home. I am a full time working girl outside of the the home, as the manager for my parents' convenience store. This is a business that my parents have owned and grown for 30 years and its very much a part of who I am. However, 6 years ago I tapped in to my more creative side when I started scrapbooking and soon it became a full time hobby! I started to try and make a little money to support my habit and to show others how much fun and rewarding scrapbooking could be. I started offering 'Scrap N Chat Days' at local community centers one Saturday per month. These days have done more for me that I ever could have imagined! I am amazed at how many women came to me wanting to scrapbook but did not know how or where to start and once they gave it a try they have never
looked back! I have met many wonderful people and made so many friends that mean the world to me. It makes me feel so good to know that I have helped so many women! My Scrap N Chat Days still continue but now I have converted my garage in to a scrapbook room for 24 girls to come and enjoy with me! I am currently preparing to host my 7th weekend long retreat! My very first retreat had 12 girls in attendance and I was thrilled with that but as of my last retreat we were up to 72 girls and still growing! It just goes to prove that there are scrapbookers everywhere, even in small towns! I recently started
my blog in hopes to inspire others to try something new and give them creative ideas.
Posted by Picasa
All of us at Scrap Our Stash are looking forward to working with Sara for the month of August. I am sure her enthusiasium for scrapbooking will inspire all of us.

8 comments:

  1. WOW Sara That is some retreat. I am going to go check out your blog. I love your layout! Your son is so cute and the page is full of cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sara! I can't wait to see more your work. Your layout is darling and your blog is uber cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,

    What a bright layout - I see why you chose it as a favorite.

    Looking forward to your contribution to the August Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara,
    I love your layout, yous son's smile is so pretty!
    Thank You for sharing your wonderful story with us. I'm looking forward to work with you during August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Sara! I love your bright layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a beautiful story. i love your idea of involving the community and reaching out to teach them. congrats on your success w/ your yearly retreats. keep it up! and i'm looking forward to your creations...

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngrats Sara!! This lo is gorgeous! Love everything about it! So bright and fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete