July 18, 2010

July Challenge

Recipe Cards by Kimmarie


Kimmarie submitted these recipe cards for the July Brad / Eyelet Challenge. She said, "I am hosting a Recipe Card swap over at CK Club and I decided to use brads on them. I love doing swaps. I am sharing my recipe cards with all the peeps here at SOS because I thought it would be nice to post something other than a layout to show that you can use brads on anything. The recipe cards measure 4 x 6 inches. There were no other specifics in the altering. I also stitched on the front bottom of the cards to add some more dimension. The paper I used was Chatterbox. I have been hoarding this paper for years and finally decided it was time to use it. I think the papers are perfect for the recipe cards. Next project I will be using eyelets. I have so many and haven't used them in a very long while. I actually have 3 types of tools to set them with, so I will be playing alot this month.

When was the last time you used brads or eyelets? Get creative and share your projects with us. Email your completed project to scrappinpsycho@live.com and Kathy will post it on our blog. You could be chosen for the September Guest Design Team. See all the details in July Challenge below.

Also, you won't want to miss our upcoming Christmas in July Blog Hop. See all the details below. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that the brads match perfectly with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brads add the right amount of dimension! I really love the distressed look of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards, I really like the stitching - gives them a handmade feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute - I love how you distressed them - and the brads are just the right finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them. Those brads really makes them mre prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cool and participating in such a swap sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recipe cards are awesome! The pp gives them such a comfy, home feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! This is a fun way to share your favorite recipes with friends too!

    ReplyDelete