May 14, 2012

May "MAY I?" Challenge by Elizabeth

Design Team Member Elizabeth submitted this card for the May "MAY I?" Challenge. She said:

Whilst I admire a number of styles, steampunk, CAS (not that I'm any good at that) Barbara Gray, etc., my all-time favourite is the shabby chic/vintage style and Lenet Mos at To Scrap or Not to Scrap - That's the Question. is an expert in this style. Here is her piece which I used as inspiration.



I especially like how Lenet takes a plain white chipboard frame and completely transforms it with ink, embossing powder and glitter. My frame is covered in a mixture embossing powders and glitters, all mixed together in a pot ... just a pinch of this and a pinch of that ... not very precise at all. It took just two coats of the mix to achieve the effect aimed for.


The seam binding was sprayed with water, crumpled up and left overnight to dry to get the shabby effect. The rose was already tinted with a pale mauve shade but the edges of the petals have also been tipped with Victorian Velvet DI. I didn't have any of those pretty pink petals that Lenet used so I punched some from a snippet of pink card and touched the tips with distress ink too.


For more information on how I made the card and a list of the materials used, including the recipe for the embossing mix, please visit my blog.


Elizabeth
http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/


Now it's your turn to take the May MAY I Challenge. For the MAY I Challenge you are to complete your project by getting inspiration from someone elses blog. Then leave a comment at the blog stating that you are using their blog as inspiration for the Scrap Our Stash May I Challenge. Then submit a picure and brief description of your project along with the a link to the inspiration blog to scrappinpsycho@live.com.


All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on May 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on May 31st.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments: