May 4, 2012

May "MAY I" Challenge by Nathalie



Guest Design Team Member Nathalie submitted this layout for the May "MAY I?" Challenge. She said:

Here is my project for the May "May I?" challenge. As soon as I read about this month's challenge, I thought about Miss Smith. I am an avid follower of her blog for the simple reason that I admire her work, I might be her biggest fan! :) So I asked her if I could create a page based on this one here: http://www.journalofcuriousthings.co.uk/2012/03/ill-fated-trip.html
 and she has kindly agreed!

As you can see, I stayed pretty close to hers, borrowing the overall design but also some of her great elements like the banner, the mixed alphas and her "trademark" layering + paper clips.

I love the result of this lift!

Thank you once again for the chance of guest designing for Scrap Our Stash this month and thank you Kirsty for allowing me to borrow some of your talent!

Nathalie

Now it's your turn to take the May "MAY I?" Challenge. For the MAY I Challenge you are to complete your project by getting inspiration from someone elses blog. Then leave a comment at the blog stating that you are using their blog as inspiration for the Scrap Our Stash May I Challenge. Then submit a picure and brief description of your project along with the a link to the inspiration blog to scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on May 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on May 31st.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What amazing layouts both of these are. You did an awesome job at taking her layout and making it your own. I love the design. Your title work is great! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both her layout and yours - fantastic!!! Everything you used looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a wonderful lift of her page! I love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Nathalie!! I really love all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both layouts but yours is so very clever - love the photo and the titles - brill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lift! That paper clipped stack in the middle is cool. Totally love that you added some border punches along the edge!

    ReplyDelete