May 8, 2012

May "May I" Challenge by Stacy H-W

Hello everyone!!  Stacy here to share my May I project with you today.  As soon as I heard of this challenge I immediately knew who I was going to be inspired by because I am inspired by her everyday.  Denise at Lala's World Blog is one of the most exciting, inspirational scrappers I know.  She actually is the person who introduced me to scrapping.  I can't believe that 2 years ago I had never scrapped!! 


For this challenge I went to Lala's World and when I scrolled down I found the perfect layout to  scraplift.  I really just loved the use of circles and the soft feel of her work.  I decided to make a layout using a photo of our daughter.  We adopted her from China and the photo is from the time while we were waiting...us in the US....her in China. 
Layout made by Stacy at Scrap with Stacy (with a little help from her dd in the photo)

As you can tell I used the same basic layout but did change a few things.  I used a ton of flowers from my stash.  I am laughing because I just realized that my daughter added that pink flower bling to the middle of the center circle.  I guess she didn't think I was quite finished!! LOL  She is 4 years old now and really into bling.  She told me multiple times today that she loved my paper (meaning she loves my layout).  I'm glad she likes it since it is for her book. 

I hope you are inspired to join in on this challenge and I hope you pop over and check out all the great projects that Denise has on her blog.  You won't be sorry you did!!

Until next time...happy scrapping!!!

Now it's your turn to take the May MAY I Challenge. For the "MAY I?" Challenge you are to complete your project by getting inspiration from someone else's blog. Then leave a comment at the blog stating that you are using their blog as inspiration for the Scrap Our Stash May I Challenge. Then submit a picture and brief description of your project along with the a link to the inspiration blog to scrappinpsycho@live.com.

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on May 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on May 31st.

9 comments:

  1. what a noble action you made, adopting her. This is surely the most beautiful thing in all the matter. Your Lo is gorgeous, and full of love, and even the original subject is completely different from yours, the scraplift is good, there is a similarity between the two works.
    Grretings from Italy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is a gorgeous scrap lift of the original! All those flowers add such a feminine touch to your pretty pink page. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful lift of this page! I like all the sparkle and bling! Perfect for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job on this lift! It's so pretty and so sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout with Basic Grey papers and the cute lace with the little hearts! and thanks for sharing your story, your little one is sooo cute!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is soooo pretty and what a beautiful little girl!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both layouts are beautiful. I love that they are are similar with using one color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very beautiful layouts, yours is the same but different and the lace and flower embellishments are well-placed - lovely baby, lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lift! All the changes/additions are perfect for you lo, even the bling your dd added. And there's another story to scrap. :) How cute!

    ReplyDelete