May 2, 2012

May 'MAY I?' Challenge by Sarah

Stuck close to home: Snarf my idea from an Artist who also lives here in Ottawa and who's work I can (and do) spend much time admiring. She does it all: jewelry, painting, journaling... and it's all just so pretty. 

 The copied work is HERE.
The Blog post around it is HERE.  

Really liked the ripped bits and pieces in this, 
As well as the 'highlighted' framed photo. 
Though it itself is not a Scrapbook Page, it works as a great template for one. 

Been falling behind in my personal goal to have at least 1/2 of our Wedding Scrapbook done by the end of 2012, so I used this challenge as an opportunity to git'anuther page done. 
The pictures were taken by a dear friends Mother (Barbara McGoey) who attended our wedding. She is a FAB-u-lous photographer who took a bunch of really awesome candid shots. 
 Most the the ripped up bits are either a copy of our Wedding Invitation or the online RSVP information card. 
Background paper is Little Yellow Bicycle 'Lucky Me' line.  
Flower sticker strip (snipped into 2 pieces) and Lucky Journal block (ripped in 2) is also from LYB 'Lucky Me' line
Other paper strips are unknown, bits I found in the scrap pile that matched well. 
Bling-y Double Hearts and 12" strip (snipped into smaller pieces) are from KaiserCraft. 
Metal Frame around the Cake is Making Memories. 
The Dreams sticker is from K&Company.
Ribbon was a bit I got in a Swap, er... years ago... *blowing the dust off*

Hoping that she likes my 'May I?' take on her project, 
Thank-You for the inspiration Wendy!

 




Now it's your turn to take the Mother May I? Challenge.
 The May challenge is to use someone else's blog as your inspiration for the MAY I Challenge.  The idea is for you to complete your project by getting inspiration from someone else's blog and then leave a comment at the blog stating that you are using their blog as inspiration for the Scrap Our Stash May I Challenge. In other words your asking MAY I use your blog as my inspiration.  Once you complete your project submit a picture and brief description of your project along with the a link to the inspiration blog.  Each submission will be posted here at Scrap Our Stash along with the link to the the inspiration blog.   Just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com.  
All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on May 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of July. This challenge ends at midnight central time on May 31st.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah I'm honoured that you found inspiration in my work. Your page is beautiful and inspires me to try more scrapbooking. Thanks, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the torn layers of papers and the added bling really adds that touch of elegance! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous, as is the inspiration piece. I love all the layers and texture! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout!! I love the frame with the flowers in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the really cool details!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great layout!! Really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Great lift, love all the bling and that you showed off the cake more with the framed photo!!

    ReplyDelete