May 11, 2012

May "MAY I?" Challenge by Karen

Design Team Member  Karen submitted this layout for the May "MAY I?" Challenge. She said:

My LO is based on the work of Sasha Farina- she is a member of the Crate Paper design team and I always love their blog for inspiration
her personal blog is here

http://www.sashafarina.com/

My inspiration came from a particular LO- here
http://www.sashafarina.com/2011/10/emotional-scrapper.html

because I loved the butterfly and the sweep of things across her page but I was also inspired by other LOs and used her layering techniques, her long titles with a mix of letters and her small photos

Hope this is OK
Karen

Now it's your turn to take the May "MAY I?" Challenge. For the "MAY I?" Challenge you are to complete your project by getting inspiration from someone elses blog. Then leave a comment at the blog stating that you are using their blog as inspiration for the Scrap Our Stash May I Challenge. Then submit a picture and brief description of your project along with the a link to the inspiration blog to scrappinpsycho@live.com.

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on May 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on May 31st.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Your May I design is really good. I like the cluster around the photo and then the trail of stamped butterflies flying off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific layout - I too like the cluster of ephemera around the photograph, like that the photo is in black and white and like all the clear space with just the trail of butterflies taking the eye from corner to corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool layout!! Love the way you did the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your butterflies! Awesome job on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! I love the butterfly going across!!

    ReplyDelete