June 17, 2012

June HOMECOMING Challenge by Sarah

Design Team Member Sarah submitted this layout for the June HOMECOMING Challenge.  She said:
Sooo... 
A project about any changes since joining the Design Team here at Scrap Our Stash:
As an encore to last month's page about our Celtic Betrothal Handfasting Ceremony in 2009 I made a page for our 1 year Wedding Anniversary in 2011. When I joined all the wonderfully talented ladies here at SOS it was January 2011 and I had *just* gotten married. Now we're swiftly heading towards Wedding Anniversary #2. 
The wheels of time keep turning!
On our 1 year anniversary we had a nice lunch out, then since the weather was so beautiful we went for a walk in the park our Betrothal Handfasting Ceremony was held. We brought a pretty stone from our garden with us and placed it on the large flat rock we'd stood on to say our vows when we had our hands tied together. We also took some pictures... my favorite being the one of our shadows over that special rock. 


Page base is a My Mind's Eye: Life Stories sheet... part of the much drooled on, but barely used stash.
I cut a piece of white vellum to go across the page, it's slightly wider than 12" so I folded the extra around the base paper on each side. Dug out a Fiskar border punch (threading water) and punched along each edge and threaded the ribbon through. Ribbon is a Celebrate It St.Patrick's Day pattern of wee plaid shamrocks. When threading them through I flipped the vellum around so the stems are facing the photos each way.
Photos were cut using the cutter I saved that never worked right... cuts the edges all 'shaggy' which has it's uses... then I sanded them with an emery board. When attaching the largest photo I left is open underneath on the right so I could hide some journaling underneath. Journaling block is from Little Yellow Bicycle's 'Lucky Me' Journaling Tablet. I punched it with another border punch (leave it to weaver), sliced off that strip and attached it the bottom of the block, then punched the top again to match. 
My favorite part of this page is the LYB Clear Cuts Lucky Me 'logo' with the 'EST.2009' on it: The Year of our Betrothal Ceremony. The September is a rub-on from Bohemia. 
Will be slipping this page into the back of our 'I'm still working on it' Wedding Album, lol. 
Now it's your turn to take the June HOMECOMING Challenge. 
See all the details HERE!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! I like your layout, especially the pull out journaling tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special memory to scrap! Love your photos and the sweet border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page! I love the photo of your shadows too, clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Love your title work and the shadow photo. Excellent job!!! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so cool! You are no alone on the still working on it! I have been married 18 years and am still doing the same lol!
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete