November 9, 2010

Pagerize This Challenge #3

Let's Eat by Christy is our 3rd Page to be "pagerized" in our "Pagerizie This" Challenge.
Each month on the 15th we will post a new layout for you to "pagerize" (plagerize, copy, lift, steal) whatever term you want to use. The idea will be - to use the posted layout as your inspiration to create your own layout. You can "pagerize" as much or as little of the original layout as you choose. You may want to make a layout just like the one posted - or you may just want to use something about the layout as your inspiration. It's totally up to you.As winner of the Pagerize This Challenge #2 - Christy is our new Pagerizer!  This is what she said:

Once you've completed your layout - email a picture and brief description to scrappinpsycho@live.com. All entries will be posted here at Scrap Our Stash. The challenge runs through midnight central time on November 12th. The "Pagerizer" (in this case Christy), will then choose a winner from all the entries. The winner will be announced on November 14th. Then the winner will be asked to submit a layout for us to "Pagerize" starting on the 15th of November. Then on the 12th of December - the winner will be chosen by the winner of the "Pagerize This Challenge #3" and on and on it goes.


So your challenge - if you choose to accept it - is to use Christy's layout as your inspiration.

Winner Christy said:
"WOW...I was so honored to be chosen. I love doing challenges like the Pagerize This Challenge. They allow me to learn new things and to stretch myself from my comfort zone. I really enjoyed using paint on the last challenge. As for this challenge, since it's getting close to Thanksgiving, I thought I would share a recent page I made of last year's dinner.

I used recollections Autumn stack and my EK success punch for the leaves. I actually used both sides of the paper. I cut a circle in the middle and flipped it( yes the blue is the back of the paper), then used the cardstock border and handstitching to hide the cut. I used glossy accents on parts of the die cuts and leaves to make them pop. The border in the center is actually a faux pleated ribbon. I cut the cardstock border into sections and then glued them down of a cardstock strip to make them look pleated.

I am looking forward to seeing what will inspire you...be it the color, the layout,  or the theme."

This challenge is in addition to the regular monthly challenge and is open to anyone.

12 comments:

  1. I love your layout. The stitching and ribbon is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about this one! Your layout already has my head spinning with ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Christy! It's look fabulous! I love the circle elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! I love the circle and the stitching! This one should be fun to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is really a challenging one for me... LOL
    Great layout! I love what you did with the circle, using both sides of the paper. Is the brown circle around also pleated paper? I love how it looks, with the stitching around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like fun. I love pages with Circles. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the complements! The brown circle around the blue paper is actually a border I punched on cardstock. It helped to hide the slightly uneven hand cut circle. So I cut the circle, flipped it over, slipped the punched border inside and then hand stitched. I used a little adhesive to hold it all together while I stitched. To get the border to curl, I cut little slits in it, so I could fold it around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - that's one page to pagerize. not sure what element i'm drawn the most - the circle center, the stitching, the colors. i love it all...ok i'll go get crackin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I posted a comment on here...wonder where it went? I love this layout Christy and can't wait to "steal" it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great layout with lots of possibilities...I need to get on the pagerize wagon! :) Maybe this one will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I'll get this done today! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours and the circle- must try and do this!

    ReplyDelete