November 5, 2010

Pagerize Christy by Missy


Guest Design Team Member Missy submitted this layout for the Pagerize This Challenge. She said, "My boys are crazy about these Silly Bandz! I spent all summer looking for these silly little things. They all had different ones that they were looking for! I don't really understand why they are so crazy about these little (and expensive!!) things. Now those gelly bracelets I had forver ago, I can understand that!!

I loved the big circle and the punched borders on Christy's layout. I turned her layout to the side and moved the circle to the edge to give me a little more white space on my layout. The border strip is made using my EK Success emboss/punch combo. I used a bunch of little trims and scraps to embellish the side. The card with the question mark on it, I have had forever! So I was glad to be able to use that! I attached the Silly Bandz with Glossy Accents. I love the way this one turned out. I am glad to be able to scrap these pictures. So when this fad is over, we will remember what all the fuss was about!
Posted by PicasaNow it's your turn to take the Pagerize This Challenge. See all the details in the Pagerize This post below.


And don't miss the November Sketch Challenge. Choose 1 or 3 sketches - see all the details in November Challenge below.

10 comments:

  1. I am a 2nd grade teacher and I can't understand why my students love them!?!? I love that you attached the bands to the page! Great lo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Missy..this is awesome!! Love the colors...and the Buzz & Woody in the corner are awesome...and i LOVE the little details up the left side!! Such a great twist on Christy's layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love how you used Christy's layout as a springboard - it's alike - but yet sooo different. Love the fact that you captured this memory - it will be something the boys will soon forget - but not with this layout. And how great is it when you find someting in your stash to use. Attaching the bandz in the corner was just the right touch!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lo, Missy! I love the colors you worked with.
    Your take on Christy's lo is very creative and I love how you turned it into your own version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son loves these too. Who would have thought all the guys would be so hip on this toy trend? Love your layout. Totally captures this moment in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Missy! I like your different size pictures. I have been meaning to do a similar layout about Silly Bandz and I'm going to attach some to my layout as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great lift!!! Love how you made it your own. And Silly Bandz are all over our house, too! Thanks for the inspriration to document this phase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. My comment disappeared! Anyway, love that you scrapped a small part of childhood- that's one of my favourite things to do- a little moment easily forgotten!

    Love your colour choices and the way you moved the circle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you moved the sketch around. Such a wonderful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey - what a great fun layout. love how you added a woody and buzz lightyear silly bandz to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete