November 20, 2010

Show and Tell Sunday by Denise


I am thrilled to show you what I've been working on the past few days.  It's Santa's House!!!





I started with a precut house from Doodlebug.  


First, I followed the directions to glue the house together.  It called for a hot glue gun for assembly, but since I did not have one, I used Beacon's 3-in-1.  It worked fabulously.   I then covered the house with BoBunny's Noel line.  I love the traditional colors and images in it.  I wanted to add a lot of glitter to the house, so before covering the roof with paper, I spray the paper with 3M Spray Mount (which I got at Michael's) and then sprinkled ultra fine red gitter all over it.  I highly recommend this spray.  It really held all the glitter beautifully.  There were absolutely no splotchiness or spots without glitter.  For the roof decoration, I took a piece of yellow ribbon, sprayed it with the 3M adhesive, and covered it in ultra fine gold glitter.  I used red and green stickles to glitter up the window frames, door, Santa's hat and mitten, and the letters JOY in the banner.


The Reindeer, Santa and Joy banner were cut from the Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge.  The reindeer is also a movable piece.  To do this I used a "Wobble".  Wobbles are two adhesive pieces which are attached together with a small spring.  I cut the wobble down to the size I wanted so it would not show.




This was the first house I have ever decorated and I had so much fun with it!  I highly recommend finding a cool house you like and decorating it with your favorite Christmas paper and colors.  It will make a wonderful keepsake for years to come.  You could even do one a year until you have a little village :)  Why not buy some Halloween webs when Halloween is over and it is cheap.  It looks great as snow. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....this is GORGEOUS!! You did such a wonderful job making this. I wish it was mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waay to cute! Great job - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reindeer is my favorite part. The house came out so cute! You should make a whole village.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project Denise, and a beautiful first-time house!

    ReplyDelete