November 20, 2010

Show 'n Tell Sunday - Stephanie

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas is lurking in the shadows! I can't believe the holidays are already here! The season is filled with pies, cookies, candies, and all types of cinnamon-y goodness. This year though, I'm saying move over to my traditional pumpkin and apple pies and I'm making room for CAKE! I just started taking a cake decorating class which I'm hoping will lead to more cross-crafting goodness (I envision matching cakes, invitations, and birthday cards...not to mention the memory-laden scrapbook pages!) Here's a shot of my first at-home practice cake.

It's a strawberry cake (semi-homemade) with (homemade) dark chocolate frosting. To add to my repertoire of cake skills I also torted it (meaning it's filled with delicious strawberry jam)! It's kind of a little guy because I wanted to get some extra practice out of my extra layers, but I think it turned out pretty good anyway.


I took it to work to welcome a new member to our team and the cake quickly disappeared! My boss made one recommendation for the next cake "bigger or nastier...you can't bring in tiny delicious cakes, that's just not right!" I guess if I never get the hang of writing, I've certainly got the flavor aspect covered! I wonder if there's a crafty blog that needs some birthday cake recognition soon? ;)


I'll be posting my cakes weekly on my blog as I go through all of the decorating courses.

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie, how fun! next you will be buying the Cricut Cake and we will be seeing all your creations on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Sounds delicious! The class sounds like fun too - looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Is it chocolate? I love chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks phenomenal! i love baking cakes but am afraid I lack the artistry you have.

    ReplyDelete